In my last post I talked about an error I encountered. But before I mention how I resolved that I want to mention a previous error I fixed in the wrong way.
When I initially put the debian folder from the packaging repo located here into the FreeCAD source, I ran into an error stating that
source package has two conflicting values - freecad-daily and freecad.
I changed the
/debian/control file to have freecad instead of freecad-daily. kkremitzki told me that this was not the solution however. I reverted the file back to normal.
After some analysis, we found that the
debian/changlog file was where freecad needed to be changed to freecad-daily. After that, my original error was corrected by using the
From there I was able to reproduce the error located here and using the method by kkremitzki, I was able to successfully build the package.
I will add the needed package to the science team repo and have my mentors review my changes. Once they approve I’ll make the pull request to fix this issue.